Over the next ten weeks, with Calm4kids, your children will go on some amazing adventures. These adventures are interactive, imagination driven and will have Yoga postures and breathing and relaxation techniques interwoven into the story. This program has been designed to aid your children both physically and emotionally. We will provide a weekly parent information sheet outlining the days adventure highlighting the learning outcomes and some of the postures your children will be practicing. We urge you to get involved and encourage your children to share their adventure with you, perhaps you could let them teach you some of the postures and you can all do them together.
Learning outcomes may include:
- Children are effective communicators.
- Children have a strong sense of wellbeing.
- Effective breathing and relaxation techniques.
Areas of focus include:
- Breathing improves concentration, energy levels & promotes healthy sleeping patterns.
- Postures strengthen the core stabilising muscles & assists in reducing childhood obesity.
- Relaxation aids in better memory retention, whilst calming symptoms of anxiety and nervousness.